Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hippity Hoppity Easter (has come and gone...)

Whewwww, what a week/weekend! It sure was great, though. I love my family and am so blessed to share special times with them. I pray my boys know how special it is to spend these days with their grandparents and even great-grandparents. It is a true joy!

Easter at the Thompson house was great. We started the weekend with the boys being out of school on Friday. I managed to not pull my hair out, but have noticed...dare I say it...gray hairs on my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for highlights!!

Ok, back to Easter. So Friday, I took the boys to Chick-a-lay (As Brice calls it) for lunch with Aunt Mo. Then we went to the park. Gosh it was hot and I wasn't prepared for that. Wearing dark jeans and a black shirt was not a good idea. :) The boys loved, loved, LOVED their lunch. I think I've mentioned this before, but we asked Brice recently if he wanted to play soccer or baseball with his friends to which he replied, "I don't want to play anything, I like waffle fries and chicken nuggets." HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! So, CFA is always a treat. That night we attempted to dye eggs. It ended up being fun, but I was a nervous wreck!!! Why did I let them wear clothes around permanent dye???? I must be crazy!!!

Our attempt to dye eggs...ended up ok!

Saturday we went to Gramps and Grammie's church for an Easter carnival and egg hunt. Of course, the bottom falls out when we leave our house. So, it rained the entire time we went on the egg hunt but that didn't stop the boys. They also had free hotdogs, cookie decorating, crafts and the Easter bunny. I guess we are never going to get pictures of our children with the Easter bunny (or Santa) until they are like 10 yrs old. They FREAKED OUT! Brice more than Cooper, but still wanted nothing to do with him. We also got to ride a train (in the parking lot) and listen to music. It was a really great time! Oh, and they had a "diaper derby" for the younger children. Both the boys participated. Cooper froze when his time came and Brice took off like a champ. He won his race and even got a medal. He was so proud!!


Brice & his medal...he was sooooooo proud!

Easter Sunday we went to church. We were running late, of course, but so were a lot of people. Brandon and I ended up having to sit on the FRONT ROW during the service, but it made it better my mom and grandmother were there too. The sermon was really great! I think one of Brother Bill's best. He is leaving our church in May (it's a thing Methodist minister's do), so I wondered if he was pulling out all the guns for his last few sermons. :) The boys looked precious in their matching outfits! We didn't stay for Sunday School because we had a house full of people coming at 11:30. You know, I had to get home and finish up some cleaning and do some last minute cooking. Anyway, it ended up being a wonderful lunch! We thoroughly enjoyed spending such a beautiful day with our wonderful families. The boys got to hide eggs with their grandparents, while I got to love (and hold) baby Carter.




We truly are blessed to have the families and children that we do. We praise Him for all that he has given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment