Friday, March 26, 2010

New baby in the family

On March 17, we welcomed a new member to the family. Carter Jackson Choat was born at 2:00 p.m. He weighed a whopping 9lbs. 1oz and was 21.75in long. He is absolutely perfect!!! We are so thrilled and excited for Will and Morgan! Now, let the fun of parenthood begin. :)

I finally got to see Carter around 4:00, because while Will and Morgan were waiting for Carter to arrive, I was at a different hospital with Brandon having outpaitent surgery (story further down). It was a day, let me tell you!


I didn't take the boys to the hosptial the first day. We waited to give Will and Morgan some time with their new joy. Which in turn worked out because Carter spent two days in the NICU. Like most c-section babies, he was having a little trouble with his breathing. They were concerned enough to keep a close eye on him, but eventually felt the need to take him to NICU for futher observation. Just like Brice, Carter was the BIGGEST baby by far in the NICU but luckily he didn't have to stay too long. It's hard being in the hospital and not having a baby to look at. :) I mean that's why your there, right?!?!?!?

I finally took the boys to visit their new cousin "Baby Tarter" (as Coop put it) on Friday. Brice was so excited to see Carter, talked about him the entire ride to the hospital. We got there and he FROZE!!!! He became shy and wanted nothing to do with the new one. He burried his head in Gigi's arm and would not talk or look at anyone. He finally ran and literally hid on the other side of the room. Coop on the other hand was loving it!!! He kept trying to touch and hold "baby tarter". He wasn't too sure about me holding the baby, but he did like him. He hasn't stopped talking about him once we got back home.
Now, the story about Brandon. He had a small (but very deep) bunion cut off his big toe! Disgusting, I know! :) The "bunion" had ruptured the previous weekend (another BARFFFFF), so surgery was the only cure for it. He was not happy about the fact that he had to be cut on, but I think in the end it will be worth it. He has been recovering well, but still is not 100%. We hope he's back to his old self very soon, because next week is a big week for him! I'll spare you with pictures, but I really did take a before and after. Just call me a weird-o!

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you took photos of Brandon's feet... I thought you were disgusted by them (well, feet in general)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I did either!!! I wanted Brandon to have proof of how nasty it was! :)

    ReplyDelete