Monday, February 22, 2010

BIG boy at the dentist

Brice went to the dentist for the first time! Not knowing how he would react, Brandon & I took bets on how terrible it would be. Just talking to him about going to the dentist, reading a book on Dora at the dentist...nothing went well. So, I fully expected it to be the worst experience of my life.

Oh, but how I always underestimate this child. Brice did AMAZING!!! It didn't hurt that Gigi was our hygentist, but who cares. Not one tear shed, teeth polished and treats (sugar-free of course) were given.

Gigi read Brice the Dora "dentist" book while sitting in the chair in her room. She showed him the instruments and let him play with the "water/air sprayer thingy" (technical term you know). He thought that was the coolest thing ever. When he figured out he could spray water in his mouth, he was amazed and wouldn't stop. He didn't like the "hook" or explorer tool that they normally scrap all the crap off your teeth with. He wouldn't let Gigi put the "hook" near his mouth. Surprisingly he let her look with the mirror and count his teeth, polish his teeth and spit water into the bowl. Oh the things that amuse a 3yr old. :) Dr. Nix even got to look at Brice's teeth.

I must admit, I was so very proud of my little boy. He did awesome and I don't know why I'm always expecting the worst. I should have more confidence in him, but you just never know how things will go down.

"Counting" his teeth. The light was kind of bright, he said! :)

Brush ya, brush ya, brush ya...

All done!!! (Gigi & Brice)

3 comments:

  1. um, hello! i didn't know you had a blog! is this a permanent change? let me know so i can update my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these latest pictures & the new blog too! Great job! And by the way - when will the Yarbro's EVER come home?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie! - you didn't tell me you had a blog :) I love it. And Brice is precious btw!

    ReplyDelete