Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gone like a freight train

So, month one of 2011 is GONE...gone like a freigh train, gone like yesterday (that's for my parents who love that country song for some reason. HA!). I said I wasn't going to do this. I was going to start the new year off on a better foot. Well, obviously I've broken that resolution/promise/plan. :( It was not by intent, but seriously this last month has come and gone in a flash. So much has happened, so much to discuss...

First off I have to say WAR D*MN EAGLE!!!! I know people are tired of hearing me say this in every blog post, but my Auburn Tigers are National Champions for 2010 football season. I believe in Auburn and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, we have had TERRIBLE weather. I mean, I'm beginning to wonder if we even live in the south any more. We have had more snow in the past 2 months than I ever remember having...and I've lived here my entire life. It's just crazy. I think our boys have seen more snow in their little lives, than Brandon and I have seen in our 30+ years of life. Spring, please hurry and get here!!!


When we had our 1st snow of January, the state of Alabama was basically shut down for about four days. We got approximately 4 inches of snow and ice...more ice than snow. The boys had an absolute blast playing in it, but couldn't understand why they couldn't throw snowballs. Like I said, there was more ice than snow so we did more sledding than playing in the snow.

Third, I am now unemployed. I along with millions of Americans am now job searching. BOO! :( We've known for some time that my job would be ending, we just never knew when. As you may recall, I've been working on a special project for the past 2 years (remember all that traveling...basically the 1st year of Cooper's life!?!?!?), and the project is slowly dwindling down. Many of my fellow employees have been phased out, but I was hoping to find another job within Southern Company. That didn't exactly work out, so now I am jobless.

I'm actually ok with the whole thing for some weird reason. I have this calming peace about it and know that it will all work out. So, now in the mean time I have been job hunting, going on interviews, doing things around the house that I never had time for and exercising. I hope you didn't just fall out of your chair! :) Brice and Cooper are still in daycare, so I have time to exercise when I drop them off in the mornings. We aren't sure how much longer that will last, but until then I am committed.

I have said that completing a 5K is something that I would accomplish this year, and I'm well on my way. Our church is having their 1st annual Flapjack Run. The course is as flat as a pancake, and there will be a pancake breakfast after everyone has finished. It sounds super fun and Brandon and I will be running...along with some of our close friends that we have recruited. All money raised will go to the missions committee, so it's for a good cause. Wish us luck and pray that we don't collapse on the course. :)

Oh, and we went to the circus with our friends the Watsons. Brice has been talking about the circus since last year! Cooper was actually sick that whole week and didn't get to go, so Brice & James took on the circus together. We had dinner at Chick-fil-a (the kid's favorite) and then went to the pre-show. We got to see lots of clowns, acrobats and an elephant. Brice loved it, but was ready to go before it was over. The show didn't start until 7:30 and by 9:30 they were still going strong. We made an exit and he passed out in the car. It was fun, hopefully Coop can join us next year.

So, those are just a few things we've been up to this past month. Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment