Friday, September 3, 2010

It's official...I'm a SOCCER mom!!!

HA! I never really thought those words would ever come out of my mouth...EVER! :) I am by NO means cut out to be the stay-at-home mom, drive a mini-van (although I think I'm closer to this than I would like to admit) and play tennis every day kind of girl. So, the title of "soccer mom" never crossed my mind. Until now....

Brice is PLAYING soccer!!!!!! Shocker, I know! For the child who LOVES his instruments and animals too much to care about anything else, this is shocking. Plus, he was actually asking to play before we signed him up.

He is playing "under 4" rec league soccer. His team is made up of 7 children (3 girls, 4 boys). Two of the girls and one little boy are in his class at school. That was fun seeing them outside of "school." Another little girl goes to our church and her parents are in our Sunday School class. It should be a fun little team.

The poor coach has his work cut out for him. I think Brandon will end up helping him some, but during the first practice all seven were running in 90 different directions. HA! Brice was really into it at first, but by about 20-30 minutes in...he was over it! Actually, most all of them were.

Practice is every Thursday and game days are every Saturday. We'll see how this plays out, but hopefully we won't have too many meltdowns and he will be able to enjoy it.

Cooper was wanting to practice more than Brice was. He did NOT like it one bit that I would not let him go on the field and "kick with Bice." He screamed uncontrollable until Poppie took him walking. I guess I learned a lesson too...buy Cooper a soccer ball to take to practice OR let him stay with Gigi & Poppie while Brice has practice. Granted, both Brandon and I don't have to be at every practice but I cannot NOT go to any practices. Cooper will actually be old enough to play int he spring, so we will be debating between now and then if we will sign him up. :)

For now...enjoy the new pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment