Monday, July 26, 2010

Major milestone

Ok, so I debated whether or not to even discuss this but I'm just gonna. That's what blogs are for, right???

So, last week was a major milestone for Brice. He pooped in the potty.........every day.......at school! I know, disguting subject, but this is HUGE for us! You have to realize the child will be 4 in just a few short months, and just would NOT go "in the potty" for anything! I, the mom, was starting to get a complex. My child on the other hand, could of cared less.No amount of candy, no prize, nothing would do the trick. Until....I might of put the fear of God in him. Yes, I threatened my child. I'm not proud of the fact, but IT WORKED!!!!

I'll make this the cliff notes version...Two weeks ago, the child had probably one of the worst "accident" he's ever had. The teacher made him go to the bathroom while she got everyone situated in the class. Well, before she could get in there with him two other teachers were yelling her name. Brice had "painted" the walls and toliet with...well, you know! TALK ABOUT MORTIFYING when I found out that afternoon, so we had a talk. A talk about how he was acting like a baby, he was going to have to wear a diaper and go back to the "baby class with Cooper". Side note: Cooper is by no means in the baby class anymore, but that's what Brice thinks b/c he is younger. Anyway, he FLIPPED out at the thought of going to the baby class. He could of cared less about having to wear a diaper.

So, Monday (last week) rolls around and on the way to school I was asking him if he was going to be a big boy and tell his teachers when he needed to go potty, etc. He said "yes", but when asked the dreaded "will you poop in the potty" question he replied with his famous last words..."Well, I don't know how. It's really hard." That may of sent me into a downward spiral. So, I proceeded to say "Brice, I will tell Miss Deidra to put you in timeout alllllllllllllllllll day long if you poop in your pants. That means: no centers, no coloring, no playground, no swim day...nothing." I don't know if he was scared to death or what, but it WORKED! Not only did he poop twice in one day (the first day), but he pooped every other day..........no accidents!

I almost fell out when they told me, and then I held my breath the rest of the week. Friday came and went and no accidents. Saturday; however, since he wasn't "at school" he went back to his old words of "it's hard...I don't know how." FOR THE LOVE OF PETE.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!? He obviously does know how, so don't give me that! Is he trying to send me to the mental hosptial? How and when do parents survive this???

That being said, it was a major milestone for the Thompson's this past week. Let's just hope that it continues THIS WEEK. Since he is back at school, maybe he will be back to his routine.

Happy pottying everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOMELY hilarious! Thank you for sharing that story--and thank you also for not sharing photos! Just kidding! We had a FIRST GRADER do that same thing in the bathroom unattended--definitely funnier when a 4 year old does it (although I pity the fool who has to clean that up)! I am SO proud of Brice! YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete