Monday, May 24, 2010

"Me Mouse...Happy Day"

I know I'm slacking when it comes to posting the birthday update, so please forgive me. Cooper turned 2 on May 5th...that's right...Cinco de Mayo. How fun will his 21st birthday be!?!?! I cannot believe I'm even thinking that far ahead because I just cannot get over the fact that our baby boy is now two years old. The time has absolutely flown by!

On his birthday we were actually supposed to be leaving for the beach; however, our plans changed earlier in the week. My almost 89 yr old grandmother had triple bypass surgery on May 6th, so we delayed our beach departure by a couple of days. So, we started his birthday off with a celebratory breakfast. He got a waffle with 2 candles. He actually blew them out and it was really cute. At school the children had cupcakes for snack and then that night we appropriately celebrated with Mexican food. Coop loves cheese dip and guacamole, but that's about all. He could care less about the other stuff. He likes salsa too! He's my spicy food lover. I mean he should love it, that's all I ate when I was pregnant. :)

Birthday waffle

A boy & his cheese :)

Thank you Publix for making it easy...


Happy BIRTHday to Mommy! HA! Since I couldn't have a 'rita the day I gave birth, Brandon said I needed one of these to make up for the past 2yrs.

Since our beach trip fell during Cooper's birthday, we decided to have his party the next weekend. The child is obsessed with "Me Mouse"...AKA Mickey Mouse. He loves anything to do with Mickey, so it's absolutely appropriate that this be the theme of his 2nd birthday party.

We had his party at the park and what a beautiful day it was. The same day we had Cooper's party, his friend Charlie had his 2nd birthday too. Charlie's mom and I should of coordinated better and had them a party together. Maybe we can get our party planning coordinated next year. :) Anyway, Coop's party was at 9:00 a.m. Thinking we would miss the heat, beat lunch and be perfect timing for naptime...boy was I wrong. I think summer decided to come early and it was about 9000 degrees! Whewwwwww it was HOT! The kids had a blast, but thank goodness we packed enough juice boxes. All those sweaty faces were dying of thirst by the time we did cake.

Grammie made Cooper's cake for us and boy was it de-lish! I decided to have decorated cookies instead of goodies bags this year. They were a huge hit and also de-lish!!! A friend of mine has started a bakery out of her home (Prime Cakes & Confections), so she made these oh so adorable treats. Did I mention she works a full time job, has a 3m old baby girl and is doing this on the side. Ummmm she is either Wonder Woman or Mom Of The Year! :)



Not too sure about the singing thing...

Cooper really enjoyed his "happy day" (as he called it)! What a great day for a great little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment