Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy 4th birthday RBT!

How is this even possible...no blog updates for OVER a month...shame on me!!!! Let's get back to the important stuff!
Our 1st born is 4 today!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS POSSIBLE!?!?!?!? It seems like yesterday we were counting down the days until he would arrive. I was eating Halloween candy out of a bowl off my belly while Brandon took care of the tricker treaters (I can't believe I just admitted to this...and NO you will not see the picture evidence). I prayed he would come before his due date, but never in a million years did I think I would be begging my doctor to wait ONE more day so he wouldn't be born on Halloween. It just so happened that the year Brice was born, Halloween was on a Tuesday. My doctor schedules his c-sections for T, W or Th and of course Thursday was booked. I opted for Wednesday, Nov. 1, but not without a fight from the doc. He really wanted to schedule it for Tues and I basically refused. For someone that wanted a baby out terribly (a week and half early), I was not budging on this one.

From that day on...our lives have never been the same. In a good way, of course. :) Getting ready for the arrival of your first born is one that you really can't prepare for. For the most part, you have no idea what to expect, how to feel and what to do...but somehow we manage. November 1, 2006 was a day I will never forget (from what I can remember with the pain meds). I'll spare you the birth story, hospital stay, 3 days in the NICU and me having a come apart because I just wanted to hold and see my baby, but I will share what an amazing journey the past four years have been.


Robert Brice Thompson - 11/01/06 (9lbs 12oz)

The Lord has blessed us with such a tenderhearted little boy. He can be very shy (he gets that from his mommy...shocking to some of you!), but has the biggest heart. He is quiet and reserved, but once he gets comfortable...watch out he is WIDE open! Brice loves, loves, loves to learn about anything and everything...especially animals and music. He's a child prodigy and genius if you ask Brandon and I, but honestly I hope he continues to stay interested. He fits the "first child" description to a T! I see so much of myself in Brice, so I hope that will be a good thing in the end. HA! My parents always look at me, sometimes rolling their eyes, and say..."He is sooooooo your child!!" He can be bossy and sometimes a tattle tale, but hey we first-borns have to keep everyone else in line.


Brice is very loyal to his friends and loves his little brother. As much as they bicker and fight with each other on days, they really do love each other. He really looks out for Cooper and wants to protect his little brother (for the most part). To hear him wake up in the morning and say "Good morning Cooper!" is enough to melt a mommy's heart. I love these boys with every ounce of my being and couldn't imagine our family any other way.


I cannot believe it has been four years. So much has happened, so much has changed but one thing remains the same...we love him more and more every day. We love you Robert Brice Thompson more than you will ever know. Thank you God for blessing us with this amazing little boy.
A walk down memory lane...Enjoy!


One of my all time favorite pictures



1st birthday party


Sweet boy that loves to read



Remember all that hair??



Not too sure about becoming a big brother




Can't you just eat him up??





2nd birthday




His "Zoolander" face


3rd birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment